Weingut Hanewald-Schwerdt| Pfalz
Young winemakers presented the face of modern German wines
- Grauburgunder Trocken · View stockists (4)
- Riesling Reiterpfad Trocken · View stockists (6)
- Riesling Herrenmorgen Trocken · View stockists (2)
- Monkey Morio · View stockists (6)
- Riesling Hochbenn Trocken · View stockists (1)
- Weissburgunder Bad Dürkheim Trocken
- Riesling Reiterpfad Trocken 150cl · View stockists (1)
- Riesling Kalkriff Trocken · View stockists (5)
- Riesling Buntsandstein Trocken · View stockists (1)
- Weissburgunder Trocken · View stockists (3)
- Chardonnay Trocken · View stockists (1)
- Riesling Auf der Pochel Trocken · View stockists (8)
- Riesling Sekt Brut · View stockists (2)
- Riesling Sekt Trocken · View stockists (2)
- Blanc et Noir Cremant Brut
Hanewald-Schwerdt is a partnership between Thomas Hanewald and Stephan Schwerdt who have taken over the running of their family winery. Thomas and Stephan are members of ‘Generation Riesling’ a body made up of the best young winemaking talent in Germany. Their focus is on dry wines, primarily made from Riesling and Pinot Noir that express their vintage and vineyard. The entry level wines aim to show off pure varietal character, while the village wines are all hand picked from individual soil types. The single vineyard wines demonstrate the highest levels of quality that each site and variety can produce.
Deep Roots| Rheinhessen
- Riesling · View stockists (7)
Deep Roots is made by 3 young and innovative winemakers deeply rooted in the Rheinhessen (hence the brand name) who source the fruit from a group of 26 young growers. These growers formed a group originally in order to promote their wines together under one PR umbrella but then decided to create a brand which they would all contribute to. Each of them now gives up a percentage of the fruit from their estates to make up the volume needed for the Deep Roots bottling.
The wine is a dry style with 8 g/l residual sugar and alcohol of 12%
Bottled under Screwcap and with a simple label.
Find out more about Vindependents
We would love to hear from you, whether you are interested in joining us as a member or a supplier, or are just curious to know more.