Weingut Ecker-Eckhof| Wagram
Modern approachable wines at a fantastic price
- Weissburgunder Schlossberg · View stockists (2)
- Grüner Veltliner von Eckhof · View stockists (2)
- Roter Veltliner Wagram · View stockists (5)
- Grüner Veltliner Steinberg · View stockists (3)
- Riesling · View stockists (5)
- Grüner Veltliner Schlossberg · View stockists (1)
- Grüner Veltliner Mordthal · View stockists (1)
- Riesling Steinberg
- Riesling Steinberg
- Roter Veltiner Steinberg
- Zweigelt Brillant · View stockists (4)
- Sankt Laurent Schlossberg
Bernhard Ecker is just the latest member of the Ecker family to make wines in Wagram. His family have been making wines here for 400 years. The estate itself is 20 hectares split up into 30 of the best plots around Kirchberg am Wagram which allow Berhard to both blend across the region and produce single vineyard bottlings of the highest order.
The style here is for purity and elegance, the wines have nice intensity and the acidity while fresh is never overbearing. In addition to wonderful Gruner do not miss out on local speciality Roter Veltliner of which Bernhard is something of an expert whilst his reds have a depth and length that belie their relatively modest price.
Weingut Haider| Neusiedlersee
Beautiful sweet wines made with utmost care
Gerhard Haider is the 4th generation to run the family business, and whilst he still calls himself the 'junior' winemaker there have been drastic improvements in quality since he took over. Schooled partly at Alois Kracher the quality and style of these wines is exceptional and yet they come in very reasonably priced.
Winzerhof Schlosser| Weinviertel
Elegant stylish wines from a new generation
- Die Schnelle Bouteille Gemischter Satz
- Keltenwein Sandberg Gruner Veltliner · View stockists (2)
- Weinviertel Ried Koglburg · View stockists (1)
- Chardonnay Ried Kogl
- Gelber Muskateller · View stockists (1)
- Mondscheinlese Riesling · View stockists (1)
Winzerhof Schlosser is situated in Braunsdorf a region with 1000 years of wine growing heritage and have been here for five generations. 4 hectares are cultivated to vines with a sensitive approach to viticulture. Markus Schlosser applies minimal spraying but rather prefers to control the canopy, yields, and cover crops to provide a healthy environment for the production of healthy grapes.
Vinification is gentle using a blend of both modern and traditional methods with the aim of keeping the quality and aroma of the grapes through to bottle. White wine making is largely modern whilst red wine making has a much more traditional bent using open top fermenters and hand punch down to maximise the colour and complexity coming from the grapes.
Find out more about Vindependents
We would love to hear from you, whether you are interested in joining us as a member or a supplier, or are just curious to know more.